My mama and I made a very short trip to the local thrift today. I rarely go in this particular store because it creeps me out BUT I love going there when I have someone to go with. They almost always have something awesome that I can’t live without. And their prices are DIRT CHEAP. It is the kind of place that you have to go through twice, and sometimes you have to dig. (I am SO not into digging, by the way) As I was starting my second pass, my mom showed me a photo album that was full of cross stitch charts that came out of a giant box on the table. There wasn’t anything in the album I couldn’t live without, but obviously I had to look through the box and it’s neighbor. I found a brand new, still in plastic copy of PC Stitch!! It is software that allows you to design cross stitch charts and turn pictures into charts. It was an older version and I knew there was chance that it wouldn’t work on my computer, but I bought it anyway. I ended up paying fifty cents for it. I paid another fifty cents for these two sweet patterns.
The whole reason I wanted to go there today was because there was a really cool lamp in the display of lamps that they keep in the front window. I didn’t end up with that lamp, but instead I found this pair of brass beauties that I got for $5.
Not $5 each, $5 for the pair!!! I am really excited about them. Initially I thought that I would spray paint them a vintage-y yellow, but now I am thinking I might just clean up the brass a touch. One is tarnished way more than the other for some reason. I have issues with symmetry, so that will have to be evened out. THEY ARE GOING TO LOOK SO SWEET ON THE BEDSIDE TABLES I HAVEN’T FOUND YET!!! And…miracle of miracles…Mr. T actually likes them. That almost never happens. My inner old lady was very happy.


No comments:
Post a Comment