Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Viewfinder

My sweet Mama really wanted an embroidered shirt for her birthday, so I made her this:


It was almost a project fail because the shirt I bought was way too stretchy, so I upcycled a piece of fabric from another shirt that I embroidered that got a stain on it.  Then I just appliqued it on and it worked out great.  The very best part is that my mom saw it in progress a couple of times and never realized it was for her. That said, it could have had a neon sign on it that read, "MAMA- THIS IS FOR YOU!!!", and she might not have noticed.


Speaking of my Mama, she gave me a cardboard storage trunk full of her old craft stuff that was stashed in the attic.  It is seriously a trove of awesomeness, so much so that I have considered doing a post dedicated to it.  This matchbook from The Longhorn Ballroom was in there:

Wait?  You have never heard of The Longhorn Ballroom?  According to my parents, it was opened during the 40s or 50s.  I have an awesome picture of them when they went to see Hank Williams Jr there in the late 70s or early 80s.  The building still stands is now a Mexican Restaurant called Raul's.  It is at the intersection of Corinth and Riverfront Boulevard (which until recently was known as Industrial Boulevard).

I was able to go thrifting last weekend, and these books, especially the one about Kennedy, stuck me as cool:

And finally, a shot of my first baby.  Amos Moses, The Boston Terror.
 













1 comment:

  1. I love, love love my new shirt! Thank you, baby girl!

    ReplyDelete