Monday, November 15, 2010

Kicking

This whole having a baby thing is finally feeling real.  Very real.  T kicks and moves pretty much all of the time now, and it gets stronger and stronger.  Sometimes you can see it through my clothes which is just wierd!  One of my favorite things is to play music for him.  He always moves around a lot to stuff that Andy or I really like, and I like to think that means that he likes it also. 

This time last year, I would listen to 103.7 online at work so I could hear Christmas music.  I absolutely fell in love with a song by Six Pence None the Richer called, "The Last Christmas Without You."  I never imagined the words would ring true for me this year!!  It is about a mother who is pregnant (and therefore having her last Christmas without baby), and how she wonders what Mary must have felt when Jesus was born.  Needless to say, it has been playing in my head a lot lately.  You should check it out.

I am working on a project where I am using baby pictures of Andy and I.  I was so excited last night because I found one of Andy with his grandparent's Boston Terrier.  I think that one is a framer!!  Amos Moses was pretty excited also.  We had a sono last Wednesday, and while we really didn't get a clear shot of T's face (he had his hand on his forehead), I did get to see his mouth.  I was really thinking that he had my mouth, but now after a fresh look at Andy's pics, I am not so sure!  I am anxious to see what our little man looks like!  I hope that he gets Andy's hair (I don't have much) and eyelashes.  Andy always jokes that he hopes T gets my brains and his "somewhat athletic ability".  I wonder what kind of person he is going to be and what kind of stuff he is going to like. 

We have our birthing class Saturday and our baby shower the next weekend.  I am pretty darn excited!!  I know that the next couple of months are going to fly by and T will be here before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment