Since February, it is pretty safe to say that our whole little world has changed. We decided at the end of April to start trying to have a baby, and by the end of May- we were pregnant! When I took the first test, I realized a few seconds after putting it on the counter that it was upside down. I thought for sure I screwed up the results and it had to be wrong, so I took three more over the next 24 hours and they were all positive too! And, yes, I am nerdy enough to have taken a pic:
Since then, things have gone pretty smoothly. I didn't have a whole lot of morning sickness. I get tired easily, even now, but I think on the whole I have had it pretty easy. We found out on September 1st that it is most definitely a boy. His name is Andy Artie Tarrant IV, but Andy and I have decided to call him T. (Andy also refers to him as "T-Bone"- ha!) We got our nursery furniture that weekend. At that time, he weighed about 7 ounces. By now, he is at least two pounds, but we will find out his definite current weight in two weeks. We are VERY excited. This will be the first grand child on both sides, so our parents are pretty excited also. I will be 26 weeks tomorrow, so even the due date of February 5th seems far away, it really isn't- just 3 months and 2 weeks.
We just celebrated our first wedding anniversary. We took a vacation to Branson. It wasn't my first choice, but being knocked up puts kind of a damper on places like Las Vegas. It is really pretty in the Ozarks and it was awesome to get away and relax for a little bit. We didn't see a single show while we were there- I am not sure, but I think an AARP is required to buy tickets to most of them anyway. We did tour the Titanic Museum, Ride the Ducks, tour the Talking Rocks Caverns (my personal fave), got massages, and ate at some really nice places. The coolest was probably the Candlelight Inn, where we ate on our actual anniversary. It is built at the edge of a mountain overlooking Lake Taneycomo and Branson Landing (Branson Landing is like if The Harbour and Firewheel had a baby). It has won awards for the "best romantic spot" in the area, and I can understand why! We ate on the deck and it was awesome.
I had something else I wanted to write about, but it escapes me now. I am blaming pregnesia for that one. I'll try to be a better blogger, but no promises.


No comments:
Post a Comment