Friday, March 9, 2012

It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year…

Did you sing that in your head to the tune of the popular Christmas song?  If not, you totally should have.  Would you like to know why?  Thinks to the spring weather we have been having, two very magical things are occurring.   Say it with me peeps: GARAGE SALE SEASON!!!! and SWEET TRASH is EVERYWHERE!!!!

Now, because I really love my sweet husband, and I like to keep him happy- I have been really selective with my g-sale purchases and with what I drag home from the curb.  But I have made two finds this week that I am pretty stoked about.

1. I am always scanning for sweet trash.  It is in my DNA.  No, really- My sweet Mama took me dumpster diving as a child.  I digress.  I practically flipped over the Edge when I whipped around to get to the trash pile that held this child-sized guitar:

iphone 005

It isn’t a collector’s item or anything, but I am still really happy I found it.  T loves it.  I know, he loves anything that makes noise- but at least this isn’t Elmo.

iphone 006

2.  Probably one of the best deals I have ever scored at a G-Sale:

iphone 009

It’s a really terrible picture, I know!  But, it is a Cole Haan mini bag.  It still had the tags on it.  In my excitement, I snipped them off before taking a pic.  Luckily, I am a total dork and I saved them so that I could show them to my sweet Mama and to you, of course:

iphone 007

Your eyes do not deceive you.  That tag says that the retail is $225.  Guess what?!?  I GOT IT FOR FIVE DOLLARS.  I will be rocking it at the Dallas Quilt Show tomorrow.  So, if you see me, please indulge me and listen to my awesome g-sale find story again.  And again.  I promise not to whip out the tags and show them to you.  Okay, I am not going to pinky-swear to it.

If you find yourself at the Dallas Quilt Show this weekend, you should totally check out my friend Amy’s booth- The Texas Association of Quilt Guilds. Until next time, keep it fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment