I really think my parents did me a solid by making me an only child. I know that might seem crazy to some, but I think it is one of those you-have-to-live-it-to-get-it kind of things. One of the upsides to this is I have A LOT of family. Some of them are blood, but just as many of them are chosen. I’d like to introduce you today to my part of my quilt family- my sisters.
Ashley
This girl and I go waaaaayyyyy back. Like diapers back. We have always been there for each other and always will be. I could tell you some stories about this one…like the time we almost got ran over by an airplane. Or how we used to play Barbies for HOURS way after what was probably the acceptable age for that. She is wicked smart, funny, and a better cook than your mom.
Leslie
This is Leslie. We have a little bit of history, too. She went to school with Ashley and I. We all played the flute in band. (NO AMERICAN PIE JOKES, PLEASE!!) We were both too shy to really be friends in school, but we are most definitely friends now. Whether she likes it or not. In an ironic twist, she and I went to school together and our husbands went to school together two towns over. She is smart, blonde :), and has lots of quirks like me- such as slight germaphobia.
Amy
Amy and I met a couple of years ago. Our daddies are both Masons, and my sweet mama actually dated her daddy in high school. It’s her fault I have the quilting bug. She designed the most perfect quilt for T. This girl has a heart the size of Texas. And I don’t know if you know- but that is pretty ginormous. She is a truly gifted artist and I am very blessed to have her as a stitchy mentor.
Michelle
This is Michelle. We just met a few months ago. January 15th, to be exact. She is my other stitchy mentor. She, too, is a really gifted quilter. She is super sweet, but she is also the type to kick butt and take names when needed- especially for her sisters. And she loves dinosaurs- I love dinosaurs. I mean, do you know how rare a thing of beauty it is to find another person who isn’t a six year old little boy who loves dinosaurs?!?
Jennifer
This girl is a doll! Truly, we haven’t got to hang out a lot, so I don’t know her super well. But I know she awesome. And she makes me laugh. And we have fun together. And that I am looking forward to getting to know her awesome self even better. Side note- she and Michelle are cuzzies.
There you have it- my five sisters. I stole most of these pictures off of their facebook profiles without permission. And I didn’t tell them that I was going to write about them. So, they might kick my butt. But, they will know that I love them, and that is what I was going for. Keep it fancy.


I love my sew sisters!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love all of y'all and I'm so blessed to have great sisters
ReplyDeleteWhat the hell do you mean, "almost got run over by an airplane" ???!!!???
ReplyDeleteMama Bear
I read this post often.....and everytime I get to that one last comment (Mama's), I can't help but to bust out laughing!!!! Lol, love yall and Mama Bear!! :)
ReplyDelete