Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010

It is completely freaky to me that it is 2010.  I remember being younger and 2010 being one of those years you talked about with your friends like it was so far off in the future that it would never happen.  I passed one of those billboards today that plays a slideshow of different advertisements and it made me laugh- think about how many movies in the past portray such billboards as being SO futuristic.  Anyway, kind of random...


So, Christmas was pretty awesome.  We spent Christmas Eve at my other parent's house- The Tarrant's.  We laughed and ate snacky food and opened our presents.  I got pretty much everything on my list that night!  Ashley got me this really sweet little thing from Kirklands that says, "Sister   open hearts, sharing souls, trusted friend" which I thought was SUPER sweet!  Audrey and B got me the "Fireproof" DVD.  It is a great movie- if you are married or thinking about getting married, you should watch it.  Mama T and Big A got me some Fiesta ware pieces that I have wanted forever- the butter dish and S&P shakers.  I got lots of other stuff that night, but those were the things that I was most excited about.  We did Christmas Day with my parents.  They bought me my craft room set up, but mom hooked it up with some awesome stocking stuffers, including a Seagoville FFA hoodie.  After that, we pretty much had people in and out all day for fajitas.  Ashley A., Ashley T., Luis and Sydney, my Aunt Vicki and Uncle Jess, and my cousin Layla, her husband Daniel and her newborn Baby Danny all came over.  It was GREAT!



Me and My Love



The Tarrant Family Tree



Ashley



Audrey and I sharing the Snuggie they got me





Stella sporting a Christmas Bow! so cute...



Daddy and the Swiss Pro Instructional DVD I give him heck about!



Mama and Baby Danny- Lord help me, she held that baby all day!  She hasn't said anything, but I think she totally has g-ma-fever.



Two of my Favorite Ladies- I love this pic because you can see Andy and Lu in the mirror.


Andy and Baby D- he loves babies! I hope this isn't an epidemic!  He does look darn good holding him though!


New Year's Eve was also spectacular!  We really didn't want to go out since everything is so crazy, so Glen, Luis, and Sydney all came over.  We watched TV, drank a little bit and we ended up watching "The Hangover".  We talked and laughed A LOT.  Sydney and I had an epic Whataburger experience that almost deserves it's own blog.  Basically, we were there for almost an hour, but instead of getting angry and letting it ruin our night- we people watched and had an excellent time!  One of the most hilarious people was this guy who was SOOOO messed up that he stood at the counter for like 30 minutes and they had never taken his order. He just kept calling his friends and telling them how hungry he was.  I wish we had pictures of some of our fellow WB patrons.  Andy and I agree that it was one of the best NYE's we have had.

2009 was an awesome year and 2010 is shaping up to be great also! :]

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! Very Cool Blog! Love you! Layla

    ReplyDelete