Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Viewfinder: Birthday Edition

This past Sunday, I turned 28. EEEEEEeeeeekkkk!  I considered going all Dear Diary on you and telling you all about how this is the first year I feel older and the like.  Then I decided to spare you that and just show you pics of a few of the awesome pressies I got. 

A close up of one of my fave things I got- A Q Snap frame!  And some new cross stitch needles.   Andy took me to Hobby Lobby and patiently stood around while I looked at stuff- that was a gift in itself.  That is the back of my WIP by the by.

iphone 014

My sweet Mama bought me all of these pillow forms for my Master bedroom project and also for my Living Room.  She thought it was a weird thing to purchase for someone’s birthday, but I thought they were PERFECT!

iphone 017

My parents also got me this fabric for my Master Bedroom.  It is Joel Dewberry’s Aviary 2.  I adore textiles, and I am in love with Joel Dewberry. I have so many ideas- I cannot wait to share some of them with you.

iphone 016

Andy took me thrifting the day before my birthday, and I saw this awesome cedar chest.  I thought this was such an incredible piece!

iphone 019

I really, really wanted this dresser for my Master project.  I ADORED the detail on the drawer fronts.  It would be incredible glazed.  The drawers did not have tracks, so when you pulled them out they had zero stability and you couldn’t just leave a drawer open.  It looked too dangerous for the Baby Monster, and I just didn’t see a way to fix it.  And the price was too high to go to the trouble.

iphone 020

This AWESOME needlework piece was hanging in the Tea Room where I had a birthday lunch with my Mother-In-Law.  I love vintage needlework!!!

iphone 013

This picture is actually from this evening.  I just thought it was too sweet to not share.

iphone 012

 

1 comment:

  1. I ♥ Q-snaps very very very much!!

    Btw, is that wip Pretty in Pink? :)

    ReplyDelete