Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Master Re-Do

Lots has happened since I last posted!  I want so badly to keep up with my blog, but a certain Baby Monster has other ideas.  My time is at a premium right now, but I am really trying to do better.

I have been working on re-doing our Master Bedroom, Gray is probably my favorite color, so I have decided on a color palette of gray, yellow, white and a little bit of black.  I am really priding myself on doing this with a minimal budget, so I am doing this piece by piece to get the kind of $ deals I want.  The first thing that I have finished is redoing an old sewing desk that I found on the side of the road here in the Ville.  I painted it Krylon spray paint in Classic Gray and then glazed it with a Martha Stewart faux finish glaze they carry at Home Depot, called Black Coffee.  It is a really dark, dark brown with a  little bit of gold flake in it. 

I also found a pair of dining chairs on the side of the road in one of my favorite neighborhoods in Dallas.  I removed the nasty seat cover, well, I had Andy remove the nasty seat cover. (for reals, it had cat poo on it!).  I painted it Krylon’s Bright Idea.  I also glazed it in the Black Coffee, but I am not sure if I light that yet.  I think there is fine line when glazing on yellow of looking snazzy and looking moldy.  I want to see how it looks with fabric on the seat before I decide to repaint or not.

Before:

iphone pictures 811 004

Baby T-Bone 286See the nastiness on the seat!!

Baby T-Bone 287

After:

091111 004091111 005

iphone pictures 811 039iphone pictures 811 041

By the way, this whole idea was totally inspired by one of my very favorite blogs, Vintage Revivals.  I used Mandi’s painting and glazing technique on the furniture.  She has also inspired a couple of other ideas that are in the works.  It is very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment